Teeling Whiskey is a craft distillery that was founded in Dublin, Ireland. They are known for their small-batch production methods, which include aging their products in oak barrels for an extended period of time. Teeling Wonders of Wood is a unique blend of three whiskeys aged in ex-sherry casks and one whiskey aged in ex-port casks. This unique blend gives you the opportunity to taste all of the unique flavors that Irish whiskey has to offer while also getting a hint of port wine and sherry wine from each bottle Buy Teeling Wonders of Wood in that Germany
What is Teeling Wonders of Wood?
Teeling Wonders of Wood is a whiskey that has been aged in Portuguese oak, the first whiskey to use this type of wood.
It’s made by Teeling Whiskey Company in Dublin, Ireland. The company was founded by Jack Teeling who owns several distilleries including Cooley Distillery and West Cork Distillers.
The result is a unique flavor profile that’s reminiscent of sherry but also has notes of vanilla and caramel as well as fruitiness from its time spent aging under hot temperatures outdoors near Lisbon (Portugal).
Does this taste like whiskey?
The answer to that question is no. It does not taste like whiskey, but it does have a unique flavor all its own. The Teeling Wonders of Wood is a single malt whiskey aged in Portuguese oak casks for at least 3 years–and sometimes as much as 12 years–which gives it an entirely different flavor than Scotch or Irish whiskeys.
The wood used to make this unique product comes from trees that can be over 300 years old! These ancient oaks were planted by monks during colonial times and they grow slowly on steep hillsides throughout Portugal’s Douro Valley region (where Port wine grapes are grown). The resulting wood has notes of vanilla, caramel and spice along with subtle undertones of fruitiness like cherry or apple–depending on what type of cask was used for aging your particular bottle!
How does it compare to other whiskeys?
- Taste and flavor: The first thing you’ll notice about this whiskey is its unique flavor. It’s more refined than most other whiskeys, which means that it has fewer impurities (such as sulfur) and is better suited to aging in wood.
- How does it compare to other Teeling whiskeys? This one is different from the rest of their lineup because of its unique oak flavors–it also has a higher alcohol content than most other aged Irish whiskies due to its longer aging period in barrels made from Portuguese oak trees, which are known for imparting stronger flavors into their contents.
- Why should I buy it? If you love experimenting with new tastes and flavors, then this is an excellent choice for you! Its subtle spiciness makes it stand out among other types of whiskey available today; if nothing else, try pairing it with some cheese or chocolate as an alternative way of enjoying your evening glass (or bottle).
Are there other flavors of Teeling Wonders of Wood?
There are other flavors of Teeling Wonders of Wood. If you’re looking for something more exotic than Portuguese oak, there are options available!
In addition to being aged in Portuguese oak casks, Teeling also ages their whiskey in American white oak barrels and French Limousin oak barrels. This gives you a chance to experience something different from what you may have tried before. It also allows them to experiment with different types of wood and their effects on the final product–and they don’t limit themselves just to those three options either! You can buy a bottle that’s been aged six years or one that’s been aged seven years; it all depends on what kind of flavor profile appeals most strongly to your palate.*
You can taste all of the unique flavors that Irish whiskey has to offer
If you’re looking for a gift for an Irish whiskey enthusiast, or if you just enjoy drinking this spirit, Teeling Wonders of Wood is the perfect choice. The set includes three different kinds of whiskey:
- Teeling Small Batch Single Malt Whiskey
- Teeling Single Grain Irish Whiskey (this one has been aged in virgin oak barrels)
- Teeling Gold Reserve Irish Whiskey (aged in sherry casks)
We hope that you enjoyed reading about Teeling Wonders of Wood, and we look forward to hearing what you think about it!