Colleges are the most amazing part of the life of a student. It is the time when a student can make memories that last for a lifetime. However, these colleges certainly have their own cut-offs and entrance-related criteria that one must abide by. You will have to prepare for multiple sets of examinations when applying to a college. So let’s help you out with the same.
Pro Tip: If you are feeling jittery about getting into a college, remember there are professionals offering operations assignment help, English essay help, Geography essay help, and quick assistance in other subjects of choice.
List of documents required to apply to a college
Here is a list of all the documents that you need while applying to a college:
- Application form (filled in): While applying to a college, you will have to fill in a general application form. And the same shall cover all the necessary fields the organization has requested you to. Also, a parent or a guardian shall sign the same if you are not of legal age. However, in most countries, students are only allowed in college when they have crossed the mark of 18 years of age.
- Academic results: You must submit the academic results issued by the institutions you have studied. This acts as proof for the colleges. They become sure about your degree.
- Letter of recommendation: Colleges ask for more than one Letter of Recommendation from the most important person in your life. You can reach out to your teachers and counselors and ask them to write one for you.
- Personal statement: It is also known as the statement of purpose and primarily requires you to write your goals or aims in life. Also, the same does help you stand a chance in front of the college admission committee. Make sure you are using unique words and abiding by the instructions made mandatory by the college you are applying to.
- Scores secured in competitive exams: Exam results of IELTS, TOEFL and Duolingo are a must to make sure that you are eligible to study abroad. Also, many colleges make SAT and GRE mandatory, depending on the course you have applied to. There are various professional service providers available online from whom you can avail of SOP writing services.
- Financial proof: There are institutions that will request financial proof on your part. Make sure you have them all covered. Sit down and have a chat with your parents, ask them about the funds they have, and then decide accordingly.
A step-by-step process for your college application
Let’s help you get into a college of your choice. All you have to do is go through the steps mentioned below and abide by the restrictions mentioned.
- Enquire about your application deadline: Once you are done selecting and making a list of the colleges that you want to go to, find out about their deadlines. There are colleges that work on a semester basis, while others work on a yearly basis. While applying, get in touch with a student support executive from your college, and they will guide you through. Many do have deadlines early in January. While others allow students in the fall season, like October.
- Sign up for the eligibility test: Take up examinations like the ACT or the SAT before applying to a college. You can also go for a second round of tests if the first one’s results are not that desirable. In general, experts suggest at least 20 hours of study for the SAT exams. There are many schools, colleges, and universities that now have their own set of examinations and do not require you to have an SAT score handy. Do enquire about the same.
- Have your personal statements handy: Colleges or universities, before approving a student, make them write personal essays. Here you will be writing about your goals and aspirations. So keep those documents handy, and the rest of the steps will look easy.
- Ask for a recommendation from the person you trust: As mentioned in the documents required section, letters of recommendation are important, and you need to get it from a person you trust. So get the same completed before proceeding with the application part. Because once you have applied, there will be continuous processing, and you will not get enough time to prepare for anything new.
- Apply with your transcripts: Colleges will ask for the original transcripts you have earned in your academic journey. Include the one you have got from your high school. Also, you can go for the certificates you have acquired from extracurricular activities.
How to find a good SOP assistance provider?
Students do seek electrical engineering assignment help when facing too many deadlines at once. If you do not know about the same, you will get to know as you proceed to college. But for now, let’s help you with the essentials of how to find a good SOP assistance provider.
- Go through their sample work: Sample SOPs will help you with an idea of the work you can expect. You can ask for customizations over the same. Also, if you are not finding the sample in front of you quite impressive, there is plenty of room to look for the next options available.
- Have your priorities clearly mentioned: Go through the instruction or application criteria mentioned by your college (the one where you are planning to apply) and share the same with the professional. They will go through the sheet and come up with the adequate output. Also, there have been instances of professionals being able to offer core technical support, which the students were not able to understand.
- Compare the rates: You must compare the rates charged by all the SOP service providers around you. Otherwise, you might end up paying more for a minimum of assistance, and this can affect your limited budget.
- Ask for the financial channel they use to accept payment: It is important to care about the financial channel these SOP writers abide by. That way, if you are going to ask for a refund, it will be easy to transfer the money to your account. Do not go for anything else other than PayPal, net banking, and debit cards.
- Enquire whether your identity is safe: Confidentiality is essential for your well-being in the long run. Do not go for the ones who will not share your name and other confidential information with third parties.
English proficiency test types
Here is a list of various English proficiency tests that you must take:
- IELTS: The International English Language Testing System will let you migrate, work and study in any country of choice. The list of countries goes as New Zealand, USA, UK, Canada, and Australia. The result of the IELTS is valid for a duration of two long years.
- TOEFL: It stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language. Universities across the globe do make their students sit for the same as proof of their language skills in English. There is no specific eligibility rule for the TOEFL exam.
- Duolingo English Test: The Duolingo English Test is designed for modern-day students seeking to get admission to a foreign university or college of choice. The test will measure your ability to read, speak and write English at the core level.
Top international colleges and Universities
You must have your list of colleges and universities sorted out by now. However, there are many who might still be looking for new options. So under such a condition let’s help you with the needful. Here is a list of the top colleges and universities around the globe:
- Stanford University
- University of Harvard
- London imperial college
- ETH Zurich
- University of John Hopkins
- The University of Cornell
- California University
- University of Duke
- University of New York
- Technological institute of Georgia
- King’s College London
- University of McGill
- University of Brown
- Manchester University
- University of Peking
Here is a list of internationally acclaimed scholarships:
- International awards IFUW
- Postgraduate scholarship Salford University
- Scholarship from Griffith University
- Foundation Grants Elizabeth Green Shields
- Fellowship Raman Charpak
- Melbourne University Scholarship
- Greece Scholarship
- PG research scholarship (Australia)
- Saltire Scholarships (Scotland)
- Scholarship from Hamilton College
- Scholarship by Cambridge and oxford society of India
- Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship
- Foundation Grants Kurt Weil
- Fellow Program USAID
- Scholarship by John T Peters
- Population Fellows Program by the Michigan University
- Rotary Foundation Ambassador Scholarship
- Fellowships and Grants by the History Association of Economy
When you are applying to a college, make sure you have everything sorted as per the guidelines set by them. Failing to abide by the instructions will be you facing the repercussions and not getting admitted into the dream college of your choice.
Author Bio: Fayad Riyad has been teaching in a college for the past 8+ years. He lives in London and has joined the editorial team of MyAssignmenthelp.com as a doctoral dissertation help editor. Fayad is also good at arts and loves talking about classical music in his free time.