Do you also have sudden muscle spasms and pain? If yes, then don’t ignore it. In a way, through this, the body signals to you that along with work, it is also necessary to take care of yourself and rest. However, many times many of you treat muscle pain with painkillers, which is not right. Therefore, in this article on Stylecrase, we will not only give you information about the common but serious problem of muscle pain but also tell you the home remedies for muscle pain. Things to Do In Rishikesh like Yoga, Pranayama, Ashtanga Yoga, and different types of Yoga postures can be learned.
Why do muscles hurt?
Muscle pain is often caused by stress, over-exercise, or muscle injury. It can happen in more than one muscle at the same time. This pain can also involve the soft tissue that surrounds the muscles. Muscle strain or pain is considered common. According to the research published on the website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), this is a major problem in today’s time. About 60 to 85 percent of the population has to face muscle pain. Research suggests that more than 7 percent of all women between the ages of 70 and 80 suffer from fibromyalgia syndrome.
Types of muscle pain:
Generally, muscle pain can be of three types, which are as follows –
- Muscle pain can be related to stress, excessive exercise, or any type of injury.
- Muscle pain can also be associated with an infection or the flu, which can affect the entire body.
- Fibromyalgia can also be a form of muscle pain, which can cause muscle pain as well as sleep problems, fatigue, and headaches.
Causes of muscle pain:
To treat muscle tension properly, it is also important to know the cause of muscle pain, so that it can be treated easily. Below we are telling the reasons for muscle strain and pain any injury, wound, sprain, or strain.
- Excessive use of muscles (eg – excessive or incorrect exercise and yoga)
- Reasons for tension
- Apart from this, some other causes of muscle strain can also be:
- Certain medicines (eg, to lower cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.)
- Dermatomyositis – Inflammatory problem
- Electrolyte imbalance i.e. too little intake of potassium or calcium
- Fibromyalgia (muscle pain)
- Infections (eg – flu, Lyme disease, malaria, muscle abscess, polio, etc.)
- Lupus (inflammatory problem)
- Polymyalgia rheumatic – inflammatory disorder
- Polymyositis – Inflammation of the muscles
- Rhabdomyolysis (breakdown of muscle tissue)
- Traveling in a bike or car for a long time, walking for a long time, standing for a long time, or sitting for a long time can cause muscle strain or pain.
- Due to some kind of disease such as arthritis problem, inflammation, or due to problems related to bone and muscle.
- Sleeping incorrectly also causes muscle tension.
- This can also happen due to fluctuations in the weather.
Symptoms of Muscle Pain
Muscle pain is a symptom in itself. There can be many reasons behind this, such as any kind of injury or sprain, excessive exercise, stress, inflammatory problems, etc. We have discussed the reasons for this in the above part of the article. However, some other problems may have to be faced due to muscular pain. which is like this –
- more or less pain in the body
- irritability due to muscle pain
- muscle pain discomfort
- swelling up
2 home remedies to relieve muscle pain
Many times people start taking many types of medicines in order to treat muscle pain. This can lead to many types of damages later on. Therefore, below we are telling you home remedies for muscle pain, which are not only easy, but their side effects are negligible. So let’s know home remedies for muscle pain –
- two garlic cloves
- two tsp mustard oil
How to use:
- First, peel the garlic cloves and cut them into small pieces.
- After this, put those pieces in mustard oil and heat it slightly.
- Then massage the affected area with this oil.
- This process can be done till the pain is relieved.
How is it beneficial?
Using garlic to treat muscle pain can prove to be beneficial. Research on the prevention and role of herbs in muscle pain suggests that a compound called allicin present in garlic may play an important role in reducing muscle pain. Its antioxidant properties can be said to be responsible for this. It may 99 prove helpful in reducing muscle damage caused by exercise.
2. Hot compress
- hot bag or clean cotton cloth
How to use:
- Charge the hot bag to the required temperature.
- Then irrigate the affected area.
- If there is no hot bag, you can use a clean and dry cotton cloth instead.
- For this, first of all, fold the cotton cloth in several folds.
- After that, heat the pan on the gas.
- Then heat the folded cotton cloth on the same pan for a few seconds.
- When the cotton cloth becomes slightly warm, then compress the affected area with it.
- Apart from this, hot pads available in the market can also be used for hot compresses.
- This process of a hot compress can be done twice a day.
How is it beneficial?
Using hot packs for muscle pain treatment can be beneficial. Research published on the NCBI website has found that heat therapy can prove beneficial in reducing pain. At the same time, in another research, it has been said that a heating pad or hot water bag can provide relief from muscle pain to a great extent. Warm water compresses can provide relief not only from muscle pain but also from back pain because they can improve blood flow in the body to a great extent.